Grace Presbyterian is a mid-sized congregation in the heart of the Upper Cumberland that longs to reflect the complexion of heaven (Revelation 5:9), and it is our desire that you would find your place here. At the center of all we do is our Worship of God. We place a high priority on being Rooted in Scripture, Growing in love, and Serving our community together as the body of believers at Grace Presbyterian Church. With the gospel as the focus of your relationships you can develop friendships that will nurture you, hold you accountable, and help fortify you during the challenges of life. At Grace Pres you will find fellowship in small groups, Bible studies, men’s and women’s groups, activities for our youth and children, church-wide dinners and gatherings, service projects, retreats and many other activities.
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit who are to be equally loved, honored, and adored.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and give them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, fully God and fully man, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply a individuals, but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that all mankind participated in Adam’s fall from his original sinless state and is thus lost in sin and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as he sovereignly chooses He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Therefore, human life is of tremendous value in all its dimensions from conception through natural death and worthy of protection and value.
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity because they bear God’s image. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual or groups are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture or the doctrines of Grace Presbyterian Church.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture.
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of marriage and to do so is sin.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.